Antalya Manavgat 2023 (The ultimate Manavgat experience with The Best Guide)
Antalya Manavgat is a town located on both sides of the river with the same name, 76 km from Antalya and 5 km from Side. You can come here for a tour or stay for the whole vacation. In the latter case, the city will be an excellent starting point for touring the region and excursions to the beaches.
Antalya Manavgat is also famous for its restaurants serving river fish and dishes made from it. By the way, prices are much lower than in beach resorts.
A holiday in Antalya Manavgat is suitable for those who want to save money on accommodation and shopping in general, but at the same time, be close to tourist attractions and the sea, which you can reach in 8-10 minutes.
The history of Manavgat, a district of Antalya province, dates back to ancient times. The Hittites, an old Anatolian people, first settled the region around 1500 BC. In the following centuries, the area was ruled by various civilizations, including Persians, Greeks, and Romans.
The town, known as ‘Manaos’ by the people during the Byzantine period, was an important trade and trade center. In the 13th century, the city came under the control of the Seljuk Turks and, later, the Ottoman Empire. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Manavgat was a small farming village. However, with the development of tourism in the region in the second half of the 20th century, the town experienced significant growth and development. Today, Manavgat is known for its beautiful beaches, historical sites, and picturesque waterfall and is also a popular tourist destination in Turkey.
Manavgat is home to many tourist attractions, including:
- Waterfall: The Manavgat waterfall is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the area. The waterfall is located about 5km from the town center and is an excellent place for a picnic or a refreshing swim.
- Bazaar: The Manavgat Bazaar is a traditional open-air market where visitors can find various products such as spices, textiles, jewelry, and souvenirs.
- Old Town: The old town is home to several historic buildings, including the Manavgat Mosque, which dates back to the 14th century.
- Manavgat River: The Manavgat River is a popular spot for boat tours. Visitors can admire the natural beauty of the area and spot local wildlife, such as turtles and waterfowl.
- Beach: Manavgat beach is a beautiful stretch of sand and clear blue waters, perfect for swimming and sunbathing, and also an excellent spot for water sports such as jet skiing, parasailing, and windsurfing.
- Boat trip: A boat trip in the Manavgat River is a great way to explore the local flora and fauna and admire the area’s beautiful landscapes.
You can reach Manavgat by various means of transportation. The closest airport to Manavgat is Antalya International Airport, approximately 60 kilometers away. Visitors can take a taxi or bus from the airport to Manavgat. Also, Manavgat is well connected by bus to other cities in Turkey.