Many European tourists have chosen Marmaris Turkey, as their holiday destination for a long time. Recently, tourists have begun to take an interest in this resort. No wonder because Marmaris Turkey combines European service and Turkish taste.
Marmaris locate in southwestern Turkey. The city wash by the Mediterranean Sea, which merges with the Aegean near the settlement. There are cities such as Bodrum, Ephesus, Izmir, Dalaman, Fethiye, Kemer, and Antalya near Marmaris.
Places to Visit in Marmaris Turkey
The city draws attention primarily to its nature. There is plenty of greenery around the mountains, and the two seas meet. There are dense forests near the town, and you can find clean beaches along the coast. Also, Marmaris isn’t a typical Turkish resort. The service and quality of service here are no worse than in Europe. Marmaris has five large beaches, each of which differs in infrastructure, nature, and size. Here are the places to visit in Marmaris:
- Castle: This is the oldest building dating as early as 3000 BC. During the reign of Suleiman the Magnificent, the authorities rebuilt the castle and preserved it until today. Now on the territory of the attraction, there is a museum where you can see ancient and medieval artifacts.
- Netsel Marina: This is a seaport located in the city center. There are many yachts here, so you can take a boat trip or admire the ships.
- Dancing fountain: The performance usually starts in the evening. The water jets are illuminated in different colors and rise into the air to the music accompaniment.
- Bar street: You can find most of the entertainment facilities here. There are both European bars and traditional Turkish establishments on the road.
- Central beach: One of the most crowded beaches in the heart of the city. Since the area is large, you can find gravel and sand. The beach is relatively narrow; you must go through a pebble strip when entering the water. Therefore, it is worth taking special rubber shoes with you.
- Amos: It is suitable for a secluded holiday as it is far from the center. This place always crowds. There are rocky hills and bright greenery close to the beach. There is no sand here, only pebbles.
You can also find cafes and restaurants only on the central beaches. If you relax in the city, there is no problem with the food. However, more distant beaches may not have a cafe, so you must arrange lunch and dinner in advance. The same applies to various stores. For example, souvenirs can find at every step in the center, and there will not be a single kiosk in the suburbs.
Travelers with children should familiarize themselves with the animation in advance, as not all beaches are available. Fans of outdoor activities also need to take care of their entertainment in advance.
Is Marmaris Turkey nice?
Marmaris is a popular tourist destination located on the Mediterranean coast of southwestern Turkey. It is known for its beautiful beaches, historical sites, and bustling nightlife. Many people who visit Marmaris enjoy the warm weather, friendly locals, and delicious food. There are also plenty of activities to do in the area, including water sports, hiking, and visiting nearby islands. Overall, Marmaris Turkey is generally considered a nice place to stay.
Do they speak English in Marmaris?
People in Marmaris Turkey, especially in the tourism sector, speak English widely. Most locals who work in hotels, restaurants, and other tourist-oriented businesses speak at least some English. However, it’s always a good idea to learn a few basic Turkish phrases to show respect for the local culture.