Istanbul Sariyer is a significant place that you must see. Sariyer region, located on the European side of Istanbul, is one of the most beautiful regions of Istanbul to visit with its forested areas, sandy beach, and other beauties. You should especially see Rumeli Castle and Garipce Village. There are many historical places worth visiting in Istanbul Sariyer.
Cafes in Sariyer have a magnificent Bosphorus view. After finishing the sections of places to visit in Sariyer, you can sit in a restaurant and watch the Bosphorus view while having a drink, or if you wish, you can take a walk on the beach and breathe the fresh sea air.
Historical Places to Visit in Istanbul Sariyer
Check out the historical places to visit in Istanbul Sariyer:
- Rumeli Fortress: The Rumeli Fortress, built by Fatih Sultan Mehmet right in front of the Anatolian Fortress, is located in the Sariyer region. Historical artifacts such as chains exist in this castle, a museum today. Before visiting the museum, you can have breakfast at the restaurants and cafes with a Bosphorus view on the shore of the castle, take a walk in the sea, and then explore the historical castle.
- Rumelifeneri: This is a quiet fishing town in Istanbul, not crowded. However, as you know, people in Istanbul are looking for quiet places to visit. For this reason, it is a great starting point with its view, the flavor of the fish, and its calmness. You can spend at least half a day here and then explore other places in the surrounding area.
- Garipce Village and Castle: This is a cute place that can take its place among the most beautiful villages of Istanbul. This is also an ideal place to photograph the Bosphorus and Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge due to its location. So keep that in mind for both travel and photography.
Walking in Sariyer
The most famous walking place in Istanbul locates in Sariyer. Here are the places where you can walk in Istanbul Sariyer:
- Emirgan Park (Emirgan Grove): Emirgan Park, on the European side of Istanbul, in the charming Emirgan region of the Bosphorus, facing the sea on one side, is one of the most beautiful and visited parks in Istanbul. Surrounded by greenery and overlooking the Bosphorus, the park is one of the ideal places to have breakfast, eat, drink and relax, especially on weekends. There are many tree species, especially pine, in Emirgan Park. The park has a beautiful lake, terraces overlooking the Bosphorus, jogging and walking areas, and playgrounds.
- Belgrad Forest: This unique forest is close to the Istanbul Sariyer region. It is home to many plants, trees, and bird and mammal species. Due to the hunting ban in the region, animals have the opportunity to breed comfortably. You can have a picnic, take part in walks, rent a bike and go for a walk in the forest, where the streams are abundant, in the magnificent nature atmosphere.
How to go to Sariyer?
It is possible to go to Istanbul Sariyer in different ways, such as by car, bus, train, or boat. You can also use bus lines 151, 152, 154, and 59RS.
Is Istanbul Sariyer Worth It?
Sariyer is a district in Istanbul, Turkey, located on the European side of the city. It is known for its natural beauty, including the Bosphorus coast and the Belgrade Forest, as well as its historical and cultural significance.