Cappadocia Ortahisar is an essential region of Nevsehir province in Turkey. One of this place’s most critical features is its location in the Cappadocia region. This region has unique natural formations such as underground cities, fairy chimneys, and naturally formed stone carvings. Ortahisar is also famous for Ortahisar Castle, one of Cappadocia’s oldest and thickest walled ruins.
Ortahisar is a popular place with tourists because it locates in the Cappadocia region. In the district, you can see unique natural formations such as underground cities, naturally formed stone carvings and rock chambers. You can also visit historical buildings such as Ortahisar Castle. Rock carving also does in the district.
Places to See in Cappadocia Ortahisar
Check out the must-see places in Cappadocia Ortahisar:
- Ortahisar Castle: This castle, one of the Cappadocia region’s oldest and thickest walled ruins, should be visited. The castle will fascinate you when you watch the unique beauties of the Cappadocia landscape.
- Underground cities: There are many underground cities in Ortahisar and its surroundings. Among the most famous are the underground cities of Derinkuyu and Kaymakli.
- Fairy chimneys: Cappadocia’s famous fairy chimneys can also see in the Ortahisar district. In these chimneys are places such as rooms, churches, and cemeteries used by people for settlement.
- Handicrafts: Many people in Ortahisar do rock carving. For this reason, handicrafts such as handmade rock carvings, ceramics, and weaving can see in the district.
- Cappadocia National Park: This park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Cappadocia region. Here you can see unique natural formations such as fairy chimneys, underground cities, and historical rock churches.
How to go to Cappadocia Ortahisar?
The easiest way to go to the Ortahisar district of Cappadocia is by air. There are flights from Ankara Esenboga Airport to Cappadocia. You can also reach Cappadocia by bus or car. Which route option you will use may vary depending on where you depart from and your time. You can contact the hotels or holiday villages in the Cappadocia region to learn the transportation details.