Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey, or male breast reduction surgery, is a cosmetic procedure performed to remove excess breast tissue in men. Gynecomastia is a medical condition where men develop enlarged breasts due to hormonal imbalances, certain medications, or genetics.
During gynecomastia surgery, the surgeon will remove excess breast tissue and fat using liposuction and excision techniques. Liposuction involves the insertion of a thin tube called a cannula, which suction out excess fat from the breast area. Excision consists of an incision around the areola and directly removing the excess breast tissue.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey?
The ideal candidates for gynecomastia surgery in Turkey are men with excessive breast tissue that doesn’t go away with exercise or weight loss.
Candidates should be healthy and have realistic expectations about the procedure’s outcome. Check out the good candidates for gynecomastia surgery in Turkey:
- Have excess breast tissue that causes embarrassment or self-consciousness
- Have tried diet and exercise but haven’t seen a reduction in breast tissue
- Aren’t currently using drugs or medications that can cause gynecomastia
- Have stabilized their weight and are within a healthy weight range
- Are over the age of 18, as gynecomastia may resolve on its own in younger men
Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey: Procedure Steps
The steps involved in gynecomastia surgery may vary depending on the technique used by the surgeon. However, the general steps involved in the surgery are as follows:
- Anesthesia: Gynecomastia surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia, meaning the patient will be asleep and not feel any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- Incision: The surgeon will make one or more incisions in the breast area. The location and size of the incisions will depend on the extent of the breast tissue and the surgical technique used.
- Liposuction: The surgeon may use liposuction to remove excess fat from the breast area. A thin cannula is inserted through the incision to suction out the fat.
- Excision: The surgeon may use excision to remove excess breast tissue. This involves an incision around the areola and removing the excess tissue directly.
- Nipple repositioning: Sometimes, the nipple and areola may need to reposition to achieve a natural-looking result.
- Closing the incisions: Once the excess tissue and fat have been removed, the incisions are closed using sutures or surgical glue. The patient will monitor in a recovery room for a few hours before discharge. Recovery time can vary, but most patients can return to work within a week or two and resume normal activities within a few weeks.
How Much Does Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Turkey?
The cost of gynecomastia surgery in Turkey can vary depending on various factors, such as the surgeon’s experience, geographic location, the extent of the surgery, and the type of anesthesia used. On average, the price of gynecomastia surgery in Turkey can range from $3000 to $8000.