Eyelid Surgery in Turkey 2023 (The Best and New Guide)
Eyelid surgery in Turkey, also known as blepharoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery that involves removing excess skin, fat, and muscle from the upper or lower eyelids to improve the appearance of the eyes.
The procedure can do for both functional and cosmetic reasons. Functionally, eyelid surgery can improve vision by removing excess skin that may be blocking the field of vision. Cosmetically, eyelid surgery can create a more youthful and alert appearance by reducing puffiness, wrinkles, and sagging skin around the eyes.
The surgery is typically performed outpatient under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia, and the recovery period can last several weeks. Patients may experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort after the surgery, but these symptoms can be managed with medication and cold compresses.
As with any surgical procedure, there are potential risks and complications associated with eyelid surgery, such as infection, bleeding, scarring, and vision changes. Discussing these risks with a qualified plastic surgeon and carefully considering whether the procedure is correct is essential.
Who Are Ideal Candidates for Eyelid Surgery?
Ideal candidates for eyelid surgery in Turkey are individuals in good overall health and have realistic expectations for the procedure’s outcome.
The surgery can perform on both men and women bothered by drooping eyelids, under-eye bags, or other cosmetic issues around the eyes. Some specific factors that may make a person a good candidate for eyelid surgery include:
- Excess skin or fat around the eyes creates a tired or aged appearance.
- Puffiness or bags under the eyes that don’t go away with rest or home remedies.
- Drooping eyelids that impair vision.
- Healthy individuals who do not have any underlying medical conditions that may increase the risk of complications during or after the surgery.
- Non-smokers or individuals willing to quit smoking before and after the surgery reduce the risk of complications.
How Is Eyelid Surgery Performed?
Eyelid surgery in Turkey is typically performed outpatient under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia. The specific technique will depend on the individual’s needs and goals for the procedure. Following procedure steps:
- Incision: The surgeon will make incisions in the natural creases of the upper eyelids or just below the lash line of the lower eyelids.
- Removal of excess tissue: The surgeon will remove excess skin, fat, and muscle from the eyelids, depending on the individual’s needs. Sometimes, the surgeon may also reposition the fat to create a smoother contour around the eyes.
- Closure: The surgeon will close the incisions with sutures or surgical glue. The scars from the incisions will generally be hidden in the natural folds of the eyelids or the lash line.
The surgery typically takes one to three hours to complete, depending on the extent of the procedure. After the surgery, patients will be monitored in a recovery area and given medication to manage pain or discomfort. Most patients can return to work and other normal activities within one to two weeks after the surgery, although strenuous exercise and heavy lifting should be avoided for several weeks.
How Much Does Eyelid Surgery Cost in Turkey?
The cost of eyelid surgery in Turkey can vary depending on several factors, including the surgeon’s experience, location, and type. On average, the price of eyelid surgery in Turkey ranges from $2000 to $5000.