Anitkabir Ankara 2023 (The best and new info)
Anitkabir Ankara is the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder and first President of Turkey. It is located on a hill in Ankara and is one of Turkey’s most important historical and cultural sites.
The mausoleum was designed by architect Mehmet Akif Ersoy and was completed in 1953, eight years after Ataturk’s death.
Anitkabir Ankara Features
Anitkabir Ankara consists of several buildings and monuments, including:
- Ataturk Mausoleum: This is the main building of Anitkabir and contains the tomb of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. Visitors can pay their respects to Ataturk by visiting the grave.
- Museum of Ataturk’s principles and reforms: This museum contains exhibits about Ataturk’s life and the regulations and reforms he implemented during his presidency.
- Peace park: This large park surrounds the mausoleum and is home to several monuments and sculptures.
- Ataturk tower: This tower stands at the highest point of Anitkabir and offers panoramic views of Ankara.
- Monument of the independence war: This commemorates the War of Independence, in which Turkey fought to gain independence from the Ottoman Empire in the early 1920s.
The Turkish Grand National Assembly Building is Turkey’s current parliament next to Anitkabir Ankara. Visitors can tour the mausoleum, museum, and park and learn more about Ataturk’s life and contributions to Turkey. The mausoleum is open to visitors every day of the week, and there is no entrance fee.
Anitkabir Ankara is a significant site for Turkish people as Ataturk’s leadership and reforms significantly impacted the country’s politics, economy, and society. The site is also a symbol of national pride, unity, and continuity of the Republic of Turkey.
Is Anitkabir free?
Anitkabir Ankara, the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Turkey’s founder, and first President, is a free-entry site. Visitors can tour the mausoleum, museum, and park without paying any entrance fee. However, some special exhibitions or events on the site may require an additional cost. It’s also possible that some services such as parking, audio guides, or shuttle bus from the parking area may require a small fee.
How to go to Anitkabir?
Anitkabir, the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, is located in Ankara, Turkey. There are several ways to reach Anıtkabir. If you are traveling by car, you can go to Anitkabir. It locates in the city center of Ankara, and you can easily access it by car. Several bus lines are regularly operating from different points of Ankara to Anitkabir. A metro line also connects Anitkabir to the city center; you can take the metro and get off at Anitkabir station.